TransStart® TopTaq DNA Polymerase is an engineered version of Taq DNA Polymerase combined with TransStart® technique. One binding protein binds to double-strand DNA template, preventing polymerase activity at room temperature. Other two binding proteins bind primers, preventing primer-dimer formation. Blocking proteins are released from primers and templates during the initial denaturation. This double blocking method has higher efficiency than antibody based, or chemically modified hot start PCR.
• Compared with TransStart® Taq DNA Polymerase, TransStart® TopTaq DNA Polymerase has higher amplification efficiency, specificity and sensitivity.
• TransStart® TopTaq DNA Polymerase offers 18-fold fidelity as compared to EasyTaq® DNA Polymerase.
• The specificity is higher than antibody based or chemically modified hot start DNA polymerases.
• Template-independent “A” can be generated at the 3’ end of the PCR product. PCR products can be directly cloned into pEASY®-T vectors.
• Reduced nonspecific amplification and primer dimer formation.
• Different from Taq antibody, no risk of contamination from mammalian DNA.
• Different from chemical modification, long denaturing step is not needed.
• Amplification of genomic DNA fragment up to 15 kb.
• Complex templates
• GC/AT-rich templates
• Multiplex PCR
• High yield PCR
One unit of TransStart® TopTaq DNA Polymerase incorporates 10 nmol of deoxyribonucleotide into acid-precipitable material in 30 minutes at 74℃.
TransStart® TopTaq DNA Polymerase has passed the following quality control assays: functional absence of double- and single-strand endonuclease activity; >99% homogeneous measured by SDS-PAGE. Each batch of TransStart® TopTaq DNA Polymerase has been assayed for amplification efficiency to amplify p53 gene from 10 ng of human genomic DNA.
20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM DTT, 100 mM KCl, 50% glycerol, stabilizers
10×TransStart® TopTaq Buffer with 20 mM MgSO4
500 mM Tris-HCl (pH 9.0), 200 mM (NH4)2 SO4, 20 mM MgSO4, others
|Citations & references|
TopTaq DNA Polymerase is an engineered version of Taq DNA Polymerase. One binding protein binds to double-stranded DNA template, other two binding proteins bind primers.
Storage： at -20 ℃ for two years